Monday, November 2, 2015

My Skin Care System

 
I have been asked for my Skin care recipes and other oily recipes so much these days I figured I'd start a blog and share how not only can you make these products quickly but for the most part you could eat them if you wanted to ! I have been using this skin care program for about 6 months and have never experienced anything like it ! None of it time consuming whatsoever ! ( time is very important to me)  Super inexpensive (also very important) We did this recipe at our last class and it was a big hit! I use the scrub first and then my good soap second . I use the scrub just 2-3 times a week . I use the scrub on my face with wet hands in the shower .

 
 
 

Cleansing & Exfoliating


 

Lavender Sugar Scrub

 

Ingredients :

Organic Sugar 
 (1/2-2/3 cup)
 
 Grape Seed Oil
 (1-2 teaspoons)
 
YL Lavender Essential Oil
  (5-8 drops)
(you can use orange for the body )
 
Tools:
Small Bowl (1 cup )
Spoon
Something to store your scrub

 

Directions:

 In the small bowl put 1-2teaspoons of grapeseed oil and 5-8 drops of orange oil
pour into 1/2-2/3 cups of sugar and mix
If its to liquidy add more sugar and if it's to dry add a little more oil (may take a little practice )
Put in an air tight container .
 
You can use this on your entire body!  
 
 After washing using the scrub on my face I use Good Soap .
This is an amazing soap made from fair trade Shea Butter designed especially for whole foods by Alaffia
( an AAAAAMazing company!)
Typically they are $2.49 a bar or 3 bars for $6.00
It so super creamy I use it on my body and for shaving cream as well .
You can re-use the bag they came in when you go get more ! Yay for saving the planet !

 
 
 

Time to Tone !!!

  

Words cannot express how much I love this toner ! ACV balances the PH in your skin , helps treat and prevent acne and is sooooo super refreshing! You can pick from so many essential oils that are good for skin ! Lavender or Frankincense work well for this !
 

Ingredients:

4 TBS of ACV
4 TBS of water
6-8 drops of essential oil
A small 4 oz air tight container ( a small glass mason jar is lovely, I have a plastic snack cup in the picture above  )
A stack of cotton rounds as tall as the container
 

Directions :

Put ACV in cup
Add water
Add Essential Oil  
Stir and quickly (because you want the essential oil distributed evenly) put cotton rounds in the container , soak up liquid and cover .
 
I take a cotton round and swab my face in circles after I have exfoliated or washed if it's not an exfoliating day .
 
 

Now to moisturize !



 I love Shea butter ! You only need to use a tiny bit (half a pea size ) . Rub it in your hands until it melts and then put on your face . It doesn't clog pores . If used daily it helps with sun protection . It is a natural anti-inflammatory ! I alternate with this and my favorite moisturizer below ! I get the everyone lotion at Whole Foods . It's a huge 32 Oz bottle and runs only about $8-$10 depending if it's on sale or not . Has great EWG (environmental working group)  rating . It's not to thin or to thick . There is a few different scents , this one being my favorite .






 
 
With Love and wishing you  a chemical free life ,
Maria xoxoxoxo
 
Email me @:
mariaamartin1@verizon.net

Learn more about Young Living Essential Oils :
https://www.youngliving.org/mariaannmartin

Get your healthy on at:
www.HealthCoachMaria.com

Subscribe HERE and receive FREE weekly emails filled with Recipes, Essential Oil DIY, Healthy Whole Foods tips, tools, inspiration and more !

No comments:

Post a Comment